CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, February 17, 2008

9 Months Old!! Where does the time go?!?!


Kallie turned 9 months old last week, and I just can't believe it! I feel like I was just pregnant, and yet she's getting close to one! I have to say, this age is my absolute favorite so far! She is becoming such a little kid, and developing such a STRONG personality, it's just a blast being with her! She's changed a lot in the last month (just like every other month:), but it feels more dramatic this time. I think it's because it's more of her personality coming out, and it's just amazing to watch! Here's a few of the changes we've noticed:

1. Kallie has a temper! Around this age is when babies can start to respond when you take something away from them, and Kallie has definitely held true to that. When we take something away from her, or tell her 'no' (which she clearly understands) she gets quite upset. She'll throw her hands in the air, bite her fist, hit the floor, and 'yell'. I was pretty worried about it at first, but I also have to remember that at such a young age, she has a very limited ability to express her frustration. We never laugh because we don't want to a) make her feel like we're laughing at her feelings and b) encourage fits, but oh my goodness, I've almost died holding it in sometimes!

2. Kallie started waving and clapping! It's so cute and fun! I'm trying to get good videos of it, but as soon as she sees the camera, she stops whatever entertaining thing she's doing. I did manage to get a clip of her clapping (at the bottom) but the funny thing is, we were trying to get her to wave the whole time:)


3. She's started crawling on all fours. She was just dragging herself around before, but now she'll actually get up on her hands and knees. And she's also started pulling herself up onto things (just on her knees) and pretty much moves completely differently. It's amazing to see how she went from barely any movement, to being able to go from any position to another and moving all over the place. She's also very interested in the stairs, but hasn't tried to climb up at all.



4. Her eating has changed a lot. She's eating much more table food (instead of everything being totally pureed) and really loves it. Her absolute favorite food is bread (takes after mom and dad:), she just can't get enough and gets sooooo excited as soon as she sees a slice!

5. She's masterd her sippy cup. A couple months ago I started just leaving it on her tray, and she would play with it, and suck on it, but couldn't figure out how to tilt. Well, she's now a one-handed pro! And she really loves drinking her water out of it, so that's nice.


6. Kallie has started mimicking lots this past month..she'll mimic different sounds (hot, ma, da, ba), if we click our tongue in our mouth she'll do that, she'll mimic fake coughs, and she mimics different actions we do (clapping, waving, head tilting, etc.). And if I ask her for a kiss, and make kissing noises, she'll lean in and mush her open mouth against my lips:) It's definitely one of my favorites:)!

7. She plays peek-a-boo all the time. She'll grab a blanket, water bottle, toy, whatever is in her reach, cover her eyes, and then yank it down really fast and laugh when we say 'there she is!'. It's so cute...and can go on for a REALLY long time:)

I think that's everything, but I'm sure there's more~~it's amazing how much you can forget in a month! We are enjoying being parents to our little miss Kallie soooo much, it's unbelievable how much you can love someone! We're so proud of her, thanks for sharing a space with us that allows us to 'brag' and get so excited about her!!!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I love when they hear your voice behind a camera and then look puzzled when they can't see you! Awwwwwww. Fun times aren't they! You will have to tape her when she does the "fit" act, you know when she gets angry and starts waving her arms all over.....love this age!

Lauren said...

Thanks debbie! I love this age too:)! I know, I want to get her 'fits' on camera...that'll be something to show her when she's older:)

Anonymous said...

My little angel is growing up!! What a doll & we can hardly wait to see her soon!!! We will spoil her wrotten when she gets here,ha,ha!Love You!! Love Mom xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

you have seriously been blessed with such a beautiful and happy little girl! I just love looking at her pics and reading about her days...she is too cute! Erica

Erica H said...

Oh, I loved reading this post! And the pictures are all so great! I LOVE HER DRESS!! Where did you get it?! Its shocking how fast time goes - and I don't think it really hits you until they're blowing that candle in the shape of a 'one' how quickly time actually went - and ALL that they've learned in just one year. She is very beautiful, Lauren. I loved the video - she's a good little clapper. :)

This Mama said...

What a cutie!! ~sigh~
Missing you guys, wish we could be there to share a bit of your stages / memories in person :)
Mandy

Lauren said...

Thanks everyone!:) Erica, the dress is from Old Navy...Lyndon's mom bought it at a ridiculous sale (I think it was only $3 or something). I love it too!! Definitley one of my favorites:)

Brandi said...

Aww what a fun post! I'll have to do one like this of Kalia and how she's changing sometime soon again. Kallie just has the cutest cheeks in the whole world! And I love the dress she's wearing in the first picture. Red suits her

natalie said...

She's growing into such a little girl so fast! Maybe it's the hormones, but watching her clapping video almost had me in tears it was so cute! I 100% agree with what you wrote us, you two are the only ones who know what's "right" and best for Kallie, so just follow your instincts (as you have been). I know what you mean about the eating thing though, I was even scolded at work since it was "rediculous" that I was making sure I ate well WHILE pregnant! Rest assured, even what's not perfect to everyone (how can it be to everyone all the time?) it's perfect for her...congrats for being strong enough to follow that.
N,S&B :)