CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas, Part Two (with pictures this time!)


Note: If you haven't read the post below, 'part one', start there:)
Good Morning, Sunshine:)!

Some of my favourite decorations

Our big, cheesy gold star:) I love it!

Alright, so continuing on from Christmas Eve...I promise I won't give you another minute-by-minute playback, just more of a broad overview this time:)


The tree,all lit up!


Our mantle decorations

All lit up, so warm and cozy!

We really and truly had an INCREDIBLE Christmas this year! Lyndon and I both had almost two weeks off from work, and it was wonderful. We had a great time on Christmas Eve with Lyndon's parents, opening gifts, visiting, and having a yummy Christmas dinner. I am a total geek and let the battery on my camera die, so we don't even have any pictures of the evening! It was really special, and we got wonderful gifts from 'Oma and Opa':) Kallie got THREE wooden food/cooking sets (among other things...forget only-children being spoiled, it's only-grandchildren!;) from them, and she absolutely loves the toys! Lyndon and I were also very spoiled by his parents:) We had an awesome Christmas morning just the three of us, and a blast celebrating with Lyndon's family later in the day. Kallie was so happy to spend time with her cousins, who totally doted on her:)

Christmas Morning: Fun dress up shoes and necklace from Grandma and Grandpa

I just love her little feet:)
Once she got ahold of this toy, I could NOT get a decent picture! She wouldn't put it down!

Having LOTS of fun with the family:)!!

On boxing day we headed to Winnipeg to spend the week with my family. It was a bit of an adventure getting there (freezing rain, broken windshield wiper, truck won't start...) but we got there in one piece! We had a delicious Christmas dinner with my parents and sister, and then did our gift opening with them. We were ridiculously spoiled, and one of the best gifts we received was bedroom furniture for Kallie! She has not had a dresser EVER, and my parents got her a beautiful dresser and bedside table! So, with those, Kallie's room is totally finished, and I promise I will get pictures up soon so that people actually know what ONE bedroom in our house looks like:)!

So happy to see Grandma and Grandpa again!

It was so amazing to just all be together, relaxing and enjoying each other's company:) Kallie got extremely attached to Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie Dana pretty quickly, and is still asking on a daily basis where they are:) Our week in Winnipeg was one of the best times ever!!! We started the weekend by going to one of my good friend's weddings, which was very special to witness. My parents were incredible and gracious, and took care of Kallie pretty much the whole time (I think I maybe changed 2 diapers while I was there!), and every night! We truly got a break, and spent every night out visiting with our friends! It was like being in college again! And we also got lots of quality time with my family (although I'm pretty sure as long as Kallie was there they weren't TOO concerned about our whereabouts;)~ Lyndon and I also got some time together, just the two of us, which we enjoyed:) When we came home, we were completely refreshed and ready (somewhat) to face reality. Thank you mom and dad SO SO SO much for giving us such an incredible vacation, it meant more to us than you could know!!!
Fun times with Grandpa!
Now that we're home, life is pretty much back to normal, we've had some really fun get-togethers with our friends (I'm apparently not coming out of 'party mode' anytime soon!), and our Christmas tree is still up! As I mentioned in the other post, it's a REAL tree, so we're stretching it a bit, but I just haven't had the time or energy to take it down! This weekend, it's DEFINITELY happening though:) Good-bye Christmas:(
This is how she says 'cheese':) I love how chubby her little face still is!
Her hair is ready for a 'real' ponytail, I love it!
Kallie turned 20 months old this week...only 4 short months until I have a two-year-old, I don't know how that happened!! She's changing SO much, I'll do a post about her (as the title of the blog IS her after all:) in the future...at this point, I'm just thankful to have our Christmas post done before the end of January!!! Hope this month is treating you all well!!!

8 comments:

Sharen said...

Oh I love seeing all these wonderful pics of Kallie!!!When I get mine loaded I will add more pics on my facebook. Anytime you want us to take Kallie, you know where we live!!!xoxoGrandma

Erica H said...

Oh my! There are so many things I want to comment on. First, I LOVE your style of decorating! Its so cozy and warm. Also, I LOVE Kallie's dotted pj's! Where did you get them?! And her pretty lady shoes -- to DIE for CUUUUUTE! She is so girly, I just love it. I think she and Annika would have a blast together if ever they get together again. Looks like you had such a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for posting pics!!!

Lauren said...

Thanks Erica, she is definitely a girly girl:) I think they'd have a lot of fun together too! The PJ's are from Costco I think (my mom bought them for her), they're definitely one of my favorites too!

Anonymous said...

Love all your pictures you posted - beautiful decorating Lauren! I love your fireplace and your decorations on the mantle. Kallie is growing so fast! She is a beautiful little girl. She looks so happy! I went and spent last weekend with Natalie, Steve and Elise and loved watching her so they could have an afternoon at the movies. She is so cute and loves to cuddle. Now I see why your mom loves being a gramma so much! Take care and keep posting those pics!

Kelly said...

I love the decorations - especially the ornaments in the vase - super nice. And could you please explain the GIANT airplane?

Lauren said...

lol:) The GIANT airplane is one of my dad's model airplanes that he flies...they're all about that size:) He's pretty excited to show them to Kallie, maybe she'll be different than her mom and aunt and want to fly them with Grandpa:) My poor dad!:(

Brandi said...

love, love LOVE your mantle decorations!

natalie said...

she's getting so old!!
what amazing hair! looks like you guys had an incredible christmas :)

thanks to your blog i've now got a great background for mine as well! thanks :D

take care