CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Being a Mom

Being a mom is the best thing ever. EVER. I just can't believe how much I love my munchkins. Having small children is exhausting, time consuming and completely self-sacrificing. It is also the most worthwhile, rewarding, fun, meaningful, incredible thing I've even had the privilege to be a part of. Kallie and Judah are such complete joys, I just can't get over it:) Here are a few things that I just am crazy for in my kids:

Kallie

-is super affectionate, loves to give hugs and kisses and shower us with 'I love you's
-is a complete and utter goofball. I thought all kids were this silly, but through different experiences and other parents' comments, I'm really starting to see that this goofiness is a big part of her personality, which is unique to her.
-is so independent. I'm always so proud of how well behaved Kallie is and how well she does on her own. I can trust her to do so many things on her own, and it is really awesome to see her develop those skills.
-is a genius:) Ok, so that may be a biased mama's opinion, but she definitely is a smart little cookie:) She has a memory like a steel trap, and right now she's really focused on learning her letters. It's summer and she's 3, so I'm not really jumping all over it, but from the relaxed conversations about letters that we have, she knows about 10 of them, can write about 5 and loves to explore what words start with which letters.

Judah
-is the happiest baby there has ever been:) And this is no bias---ask anyone who's spent time with him. My sweet boy constantly giggles and laughs, shrieks with joy and smiles, just because. He can be by himself in a room, with no toys (good mom, huh?:) and just be giggling:)
-is a snuggle bug. Almost every who picks him up gets a nice little snuggle---he buries his face in your neck, wraps is arm around your shoulder, and just rests there:)
-is friendly. He has never, ever made strange, and he's 7 1/2 months now. Kallie started making strange at 6 months, and he just never has. He loves people, and is his happiest when he has someone to 'talk' with:)
-has found his voice. He completely shrieks and babbles SO loudly, it's pretty funny. He's been really silent until now, so it's a shock to hear him so vocal!
-is busy! He is at a stage where if anything is within arms reach, he's grabbing/pushing/pulling/eating it:)

This post is mostly for me...I don't want to forget this stuff, so thanks for bearing with me:) One of my favourite things about being a mom, is getting to spend time with other moms and see how much we adore our kids:) I think it's so special that God created us with this amazing love for our children, that no one else is capable of feeling for them:)

6 comments:

deborah said...

I love these little snapshots! And I love what a proud mama you are!

Anonymous said...

You are so right about both your babes. i love them both very much & they really are the Best!!!xoxoxoxo love grandma!!!

Brandi said...

Fun post! I love reading all of those facts about the two of them!

Lauren said...

I have to make a correction...definitely meant 'it is ALSO the most rewarding etc. not ALMOST' whoops:)

James Pereira said...

Hello,nice blog. Pls look-up http://true-shapherd.blogspot.in/

Lara - PhD JOBS said...

Such a beautiful Family....and your blog as well, keep going