CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2008

8 Months Have Flown By!!!!




Well, it's official...time goes by WAY too fast! Kallie turns 8 months old today, and I just can't believe it! It seems like each month goes by faster than the last! This is been a huge month for Kallie, she's become a completely different baby! Here are some of the things that have been happening

1. She started 'crawling'! She's figured out how to pull herself around and when she wants to, can get going pretty fast! We have a split-level, so we need to get quite a few baby gates, and quick!
2. She's understanding so much more! If you ask her to high-five, she will. And if you say 'bonk' to her, she'll bump her forehead against yours~it's pretty cute! And she's really become a little entertainer. She makes very funny faces and noises, and when she realizes that people are laughing at her, she'll do it over and over again! She's a total ham!
3. She's started 'talking'! Her babbling has totally changed this month...it's gone from random noises, to very pronounced sounds (mum, dad-dee, etc.) with different intonation and levels of volume. And it's constant now! It is so fun to listen to! She also screeches VERY loudly..which isn't AS fun to listen to, but we still get a kick out of it:)
4. She started making strange! This has proven to be a little trying, because I can only leave her with Lyndon or Nana (Lyndon's mom) but she's already coming out of it and getting very comfortable with people again.
5. She had formula for the first time...which was'nt such a big deal for her, but it was for me. I had to have toe surgery while I was in Winnipeg, and couldn't breastfeed for two days. I couldn't pump enough milk beforehand and so had to supplement with formula...I was kind of sad at first because I really only wanted her to have breast milk...but she doesn't seem to mind the difference in taste, and the convenience of it has changed my opinion:)!!! She still rarely gets it, but if I have to run out and don't have time to pump...formula it is! She also had meat and cheerios for the first time...meat she's not so crazy about, but she LOVES cheerios! And so do I...definitley frees up some time while she's eating them:)!
6. On a not-so-great note, between teething, starting to move around and being in Wpg. for two weeks, sleeping has gotten pretty rough again. Things seem to be getting back to normal, but we're still having some bad nights.

I think that's it, I know that was a lot to read! I can't help it...I'm just so proud of our little girl! These last eight months have been so wonderful...I love how each month just keeps getting better and better. As I'm writing this, Kallie is on the bed beside me, on her knees, yanking stuff out of a rubbermaid bin and examining it closely. Something she never would have done a week ago! Time...way too fast! I'm excited to see what this next month brings!

8 comments:

Erica H said...

wow! They do grow up SO fast - and its true, some months there just seems to be more that has changed with them! Aren't kids GREAT?! I LOVED the video of Kallie 'crawling'! Its so cute - she's working so hard, panting away! :) HA! I LOVE her piggy tails TOO! Girls are an absolute blast! And I'm sure those that have boys out there could say the same thing... ;)

Erica H said...

...I meant to finish that last setence : those that have boys out there could say the same things ABOUT THEIR BOYS!

Also, does Kallie eat a lot of orange fruirs & veggies?? I noticed her cheeks and nose have an orange tint to them. Annika had the same thing and my mom said it was because of all the orange veggies she'd eat - sweet potatoe, carrots, peaches, etc...She's SO CUTE!!!!

Lauren said...

oh my gosh! She does eat a lot of orange...but lots of green too...does it mean she's eating too much orange stuff? Should we cut back? It's actually funny that you mentioned it because as I was downloading the pictures I was thinking the exact same thing...my baby looks orange! I didn't connect the two though!

Anonymous said...

Cute video of Kallie crawling! She is so cute! Can't believe she is 8 months already.....time is flying fast.

Anonymous said...

My little baby is so wonderful!!I love all the pics especially the video!!I miss her so much.....! Please put up lots of videos so I feel like I'm right there with her!!Lots of love! Momxoxoxoxo

Brandi said...

what a cute little girl! I love the pigtails

Erica H said...

no, I don't think it means you should cut back on her orange veggies - and it sounds like you're balancing orange and green. She's perfect! It IS funny how that happens though - Annika was the same way.

Anonymous said...

Just watched this video of Kallie crawling...too cute! I love her little grunts/snuffles as she's moving. You must be so excited and proud to see her growing up. Erica