CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Looking For Your Thoughts on the Matter...

So, I just have a quick question for moms (or anyone really) about food/nutrition. Here goes:

Kallie has always really loved pureed vegetables, any kind really. I buy organic pureed vegetables, and have always really liked the idea that she's getting organic food, as not all of our vegetables are organic (although we try as much as possible). Anyways, here's the dilemma. I find it difficult to get in enough vegetables each day for her when I serve them like we would eat them. And b/c Kallie loves the pureed ones so much...I still feed them to her! Is this crazy? She's 16 months old, and I can't see stopping anytime in the future...is it weird to feed pureed food to a toddler? Does it matter? What if she always likes it (even when she's, like, 5?) Does it matter then? I know we can get hung up on funny stuff, the way I look at it, she gets lots of veggies in this way and likes it, but I'm just wondering if I'm weird or if it will become weird the longer it goes on? I probably sound silly...but it's been bothering me lately, so I just thought I'd ask:)

Thanks for your grace and advice:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren;
I don't remember what I fed Lyndon of course, but I aked the ladies that I work with that have young children and they all say that they still used pureed, and in fact had ingenious ways of mixing them in with their food, i.e. pasta sauce,soup,potatoes.
Lindy

Lauren said...

Thanks:) It's good to know that other people do it too...therefore, I'm not too weird:) I had just come across some people who think it's RIDICULOUS to feed pureed food past one, and I wasn't sure if this was popular opinion or not.

Erica H said...

I say if it works - do it! I don't see anything "wrong" with feeding your child pureed food - as long as you're introducing some different textures like: pasta, cereal, breads, etc...I think feeding her pureed food is fine. She'll let you know when she's sick of it. That's what happened with Annika. Also, don't stress TOO much about the veggie thing. I know I was stressing a few months ago, but I found that as long as she was eating a few veggies a WEEK, I was happy. Kallie is a happy, healthy little girl, and I think you're doing a wonderful job!

Lauren said...

Thanks Erica:) I know, we tend to stress and worry about these things, but really, our children are healthy and happy, and we need to just enjoy it:)!!

deborah said...

Lauren,
Check out Jessica Seinfeld's book 'Deceptively Delicious' - that will help you!!

Lauren said...

Thanks Deb! I definitely will!:)