CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Growing Up SO Fast!!!

I know I'm long overdue for a post...but as is typical for everyone, especially in summer, our lives have been crazy this month! Kallie and I just got back from a week long vacation in Winnipeg with my family (and lots of friends:), so I do have lots of pics to post. While I have a spare minute though, I thought I'd write a quick update on how much Kallie is changing!



While we were in Winnipeg, Kallie had a major 'language burst'. Before we went, she knew about 5 words (hi, bye, mom, dad, banana...I'm sure there were a few more, but they weren't very frequent). While we were in Winnipeg she learned TONS of new words! Just to clarify, she's probably said or mimicked almost all of these, but she finally started saying them on her own: Sock, toes, baby, eye, nose, go, away, shoe, help, please, and she strung words together: daddy go bye-bye, daddy go, daddy go away, bye daddy (can you tell that she missed her daddy just a little bit? It was constant all week:), help please, oh no! And since we've been back, she's learned the words bib, kitty, and fan.

I am just so amazed at how quickly she's changed, her understanding has totally developed too. She understands almost everything we say without any clarifying, which makes things easier and also a little tricky:) I have no idea whether she's early, normal, or late in these developments (and I don't really care:) but I'm just so proud of her and thrilled at all she's learning! I love love love this age, it really is incredible seeing her become a little girl!

Hopefully I'll get a post up in the next couple of days with pictures and a bit about our trip. It really was a wonderful time, I got to relax (thank you mom!) and visit with all my close friends, cuddle TWO newborn babies, and it was just the right amount of time: I was sad to leave, but more than ready to come home to my husband and house:) And my house, by the way, has one more room almost complete! Lyndon was hard at work while we were gone, putting in all the hardwood in our master bedroom and painting, and I'm just in love with it!

4 comments:

Erica H said...

Glad you had a great trip out to Winnipeg! It is sad to have to constantly say good-bye, but you always know there's a next time ! :) Can't wait to see recent pics of Kallie!

Anonymous said...

Yep;
It's going so quickly now, Kallie is no longer a baby, she's a toddler. Just today she was in my car and singing "twinkle,twinkle", and if I sing "Old McDonald" she does the E,I,E,I, O. it's so much fun!

Anonymous said...

So many words!

- Kelly.

natalie said...

that's so exciting - mini sentences!!!!

happy 4 yrs by the way - that's amazing :D