CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Encouraged

I don't like using the blog as a complaining outlet...so I'll be brief with the first part of this post.

I've been having a rough time. Because I am really sick throughout my whole pregnancy, I don't experience that 'great' second trimester (in either pregnancy) where you apparently have more energy and feel better. And I know I'm not the only one this happens to...but that doesn't really make it any better;) So for me, these are nine long months of feeling like garbaggio on a daily basis. I hit a wall a few weeks ago where I fell apart, and after talking to my dietitian last week, realized I've been in a bit of a depression because of it. One of the biggest things I struggle with is forgetting that I'm NOT ACTUALLY LIKE THIS!!! I WILL BE NORMAL AGAIN!!! I'm not lazy and exhausted all the time, and I don't normally want to cry just b/c the dishwasher has to be unloaded:)

SO...last week, I got a huge blessing! I woke up Thursday morning, feeling FANTASTIC! Like, completely normal! No nausea, no fatigue, no sadness or anxiety (something else I sometimes struggle with in pregnancy)! I had a completely productive day, did all my paperwork for daycare that had been weighing me down and overwhelming me, made a delicious dinner (if I do say so myself;), and was just able to enjoy my day. It was exactly what I needed, not only to get stuff done, but as a real reminder of how I will be able to function in 20 weeks from now (minus sleep deprivation;). I was so thankful for that day! (and posted it on my FB status:)

I woke up Friday not feeling as good physically, but still being in better spirits. And then I received this message from one of my best friends:

Subject line: God is GOOD

Hey Lauren,

I just felt really compelled to write you today and let you know how GREAT God is. I was so excited yesterday when I read that you had had such a great day and had felt SO good and I wanted to let you know that yesterday morning I had prayed a really specific prayer for you asking God to give you a great day yesterday, that you would not feel sick or anxious or tired but that you would feel great and really have a chance to enjoy your pregnancy with no worries and I am SO glad that God answered. It just reveals to me once again how much He cares for us and loves us and hears our prayers and answers them. I hope you are continuing to have a great day today and that you are able to enjoy the weekend with your family as well.

Love you and miss you.
Kat

Isn't that AWESOME!?!?! Kat is a total prayer warrior, and I'm very thankful to have such an amazing friend:) And an amazing God who answers those prayers! I am human, and my illness in pregnancy is something I have to deal with, but God won't give me more than I can handle, and gave me that day at exactly the right time!

So, I'm encouraged!:) Each day since is looking better!!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow that is so awesome Lauren! I get teary just reading it which usually happens when I feel like the Lord is answering prayer...that day was His way of saying 'I do listen' :) I'm so glad you despite how hard these 9 months are on you that you are still so excited for this child and that you really do see the silver lining...it's inspiring. Blessings to you friend :)

natalie said...

maybe consider taking a daycare break if it's too much with the pregnancy?...I don't know if you could or if it's even possible, but it would be nice to be able to just track one little munchkin for awhile and get the chance to rest for a bit. i get the feeling from kallie's pregnancy that you actually had a medical condition of extreme nausea, so i doubt anyone would judge you for it. sometimes it's hard, but from one superwoman to another, it's okay to say no sometimes and take a rest yourself. you can only do so much, and it would be wearing any of us down! seriously, i was a total tired pansy through most of my pregnancy and i didn't have ANY children to care for!
needless to say, if it's working we'll be sure to say a little prayer your way as well. awesome!

Lauren said...

Thanks Sheri!:) I appreciate it:)

And thanks Natalie...a break is definitely a good idea, and thankfully, I pretty much get one this summer! I watch a few teacher's kids, and other families are taking days/weeks off for holidays, so most of my days I only have 1 or 2 other kids, which I actually find easier than just having Kallie, b/c then she has friends to play with and they entertain each other a lot! The first couple weeks of the month had some extra school-aged kids, so I didn't feel like I really had a break, but this week (and the rest of the summer!) has been awesome:) AND my mom's coming tonight for nine days, so that will be great!!!:) Thanks for your encouragement and thoughts!:)

natalie said...

okay that's amazing! i also see what you mean about Kallie having playmates - sometimes Elise will melt down for me, but throw another kid into the room and she's a princess, go figure.
say hi to your mom for me!

Kelly said...

Hey Lauren it's been too long! Our plan to chat on the phone fell through and then I guess we both got busy. I'm sorry things have been so rough, that really stinks. But that is so awesome that you got some relief - God is good :)

If your Mom is there this week then I'm sure you won't have much time to call and chat, but when you do have a chance, do call :)

Miss you,

Kelly.

Erica H said...

This post made ME cry, and I'm not even pregnant! I do, however, know how emotional pregnancy can be, and then tag on nausea, fatigue and depression/anxiety on top of that - YIKES! This post reminds me to stay on top of praying for you these next 4 1/2 months. Man...that's going to go by FAST!

Lauren said...

Thanks so much Erica, I really appreciate it:) I hope these next 4 1/2 months go by fast:)!!!