CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

No Pictures--I'm LAME!

So, I've decided I'm the worst documenter (not a word, I know) when it comes to PICTURES!!! I don't take nearly enough, and I'm not totally sure why. Laziness? Dislike? Not a good photographer? Probably a combination of all these plus some others. So, sigh, no pictures with this post, even though we had a great Canada Day with family and friends, and some great photo ops. Oh well.

So, life has been normal around here. Daycare is slowing down for me now, with the summer holidays. Which is quite nice:) And it was great having a day off in the middle of the week! We had friends over for a yummy potluck lunch (which lasted about 4 hours...GREAT visiting!), and then had a BBQ with Lyndon's family in the evening to celebrate Canada Day and an auntie's birthday. Kallie has SO much fun with her cousins and it's just awesome spending time with so much family. Both of Lyndon's parents come from really big families, and a lot of them live here. We had a blast visiting, eating, jumping on the trampoline (well, Kallie did...she's a little obsessed:), and just spending time with family.

We were supposed to head over to Lyndon's parent's new house to watch the fireworks that night (they have an AMAZING view of Lake Superior and the Marina where the fireworks were), but Kallie ended up crashing before nine, so I stayed home with her. Turned out to be a good thing, b/c I was out by 9:30:) And getting up the next morning was STILL tough...pretty sure I would've just died if I'd been out past midnight;) Having said that though, I am disappointed that I missed more visiting and hanging out, Lyndon said it was a really great time!

We have a super jam-packed weekend planned, which should be lots of fun:)

Tonight we're going over to our friends for dinner and to have a fire in their backyard, visit, and the boys are going to work on their precious kayak:) Then Saturday morning we're meeting friends for breakfast, going to the Farmer's Market, and then Saturday afternoon we're heading down to Grand Marais with lots of family and friends for the 4th of July festivities and fireworks (I think that was the most words starting with 'f' I've ever written in a sentence;).

Sunday morning Lyndon, Kallie and I are heading out to Duluth, where we'll most likely meet up with my friend Laura and her family, and also have a mini-family vacation for the day. We're staying overnight in Duluth, and then Lyndon and Kallie are dropping me off at the airport there at 4 AM!!! to catch a plane to Colorado Springs! I'm going to visit my best friend from middle/high school, who was also one of the maids of honour (along with my sister) at our wedding. We haven't seen each other SINCE THEN (almost 5 years!) so I'm extremely excited to be spending a whole week with her! Oh, and did I mention I'm going BY MYSELF!!?!?!?! I'm very much looking forward to time to myself, but honestly, slightly terrified that I will miss Kallie so much it'll be a little unbearable. Ok, dramatic, yes. But moms, you know what I'm talking about! A full week away from your munchkin...that's a LONG time! I know Kallie will be in great hands between Lyndon and his mom here...she probably won't even notice I'm gone (not true, but I'm telling myself that:) She loves being with her Oma and Daddy so much, and both of them are SO excited about having her all to themselves for the week, that I'm sure everything will go great.

So that's what's happening with us...I get back next Saturday, I'm taking my camera, so I'm going to work on the picture-taking thing!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Fun! I can't wait to hear about your trip :)

Debbie said...

Glad to hear you got to go to Colorado Springs! Lots of Canadians from GK posted there - Chekans, Carpentiers, Littles, Galvins......love reading your blog.

Lauren said...

Thanks Debbie! It was a really great trip! Lots of relaxing and reminiscing:)! Susie's parents are stationed in Georgia, and her dad's still in the military. Hopefully I'll post soon with some pics and a brief recap of the trip:)

Erica H said...

I LOOOVE your preggo belly below - SO CUTE! You look really great, Lauren! Thanks for the update!