CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Eating Solids....and Growing Up So Fast!!!











So, we just started giving Kallie 'solid' (it's pretty liquidy if you ask me:) foods this month--we gave her the first taste the day after she turned six months old. And to be honest, she wasn't really crazy about it! She's slowly been enjoying her food more, but for the most part, she's fine with or without it! I'm very thankful and happy that we were able to wait until she was six months old before we gave her solids--one of my 'goals' was to exclusively breastfeed for six months, and we did it! I remember thinking that six months was a very looooooong way off when she had just been born--moms, you know what I'm talking about! It was almost more painful than labor, it took FOREVER, and I felt like that's all my life was going to be. But these six months actually flew by! I can't imagine not nursing her at this point--I know everyone has their different 'stop' limits, and I just know mine isn't going to be for quite awhile. I plan on nursing for at least a year, and then who knows after that. They say (they being Health Canada)that it's best to breastfeed for longer than two years--I can't necessarily see myself nursing that long, but I also don't plan on making a concerted effort to 'wean' Kallie, so I guess we'll just take it one step at a time:) I've been very blessed in that after the initial bit of time, nursing has been very easy and enjoyable, and so I don't think it'll be a problem to nurse for a long time (although Kallie doesn't have teeth yet--so we'll see:) So far she's eating a bit of cereal, peas, sweet potatoes, and prunes (which she LOVES). It's really fun feeding her, Lyndon and I each get to do it every day, and both get a real kick out of her expressions and the way she eats (she uses her tongue all the time!) And the reason she has food all over her face is that she moves her head whenever something catches her attention (namely our cats) and so I'll miss her mouth and get her face!:) All these milestones...I'm not prepared for my baby to grow up this fast!

3 comments:

Erica H said...

way to go for making to the 6 month mark with breastfeeding! I remember thinking that was a huge milestone for me! Most don't go much after that point - its good you have a goal! I quit at 9 months, but that was due to stress with moving and Annika decided she didn't want it anymore. Its nice when they decide to ween themselves. It takes the guilt off a mom's shoulders...

Unknown said...

I love that first picture of Kallie!

Unknown said...

I only voted TWO times and that was when you first started your blog!! It's Erica!
J/K. But seriously, it's not me