CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, November 11, 2007

So Much Better....The Second Time Around












So, a lot of you probably know that the first time Lyndon and I lived in Thunder Bay (right after we got married) it was not the best experience for either of us. I really struggled to find friends, and feel at home and comfortable here, and actually became pretty depressed. This would be why it wasn't so enjoyable for Lyndon:) And so because of that initial experience we had together here (Lyndon was born and raised in Tbay--he had great experiences when I wasn't here:) we were both aprehensive about moving back, especially with our little one on the way, and me not being able to drive. And admittedly, there have definitely been struggles. I really miss Winnipeg, my family, my friends, and I'm sad that I'm not going to be living in the same place as my close friends who had babies around the same time as me so we can watch them grow up together. BUT! The one thing that is so different this time, is my attitude. When we lived here 3 years ago, I didn't want to meet people, I didn't want to like it, b/c I just wanted to go 'home'. I have had the attitude the last 7-8 months, that this is where we live, it's where we're going to be living for a long time, and I have to make the best of it. And I have been! Now that I can drive, I feel like I have a whole different life. Kallie and I go to two playgroups a week, I've met/re-acquainted myself with a few moms here so we do stuff with them (we had a very successful shopping trip with Cindy and Isabel this week:), and I've met other women through Weight Watchers (I've lost over 22lbs, yay!) and am finally starting to make my own life here. Lyndon and his family are wonderful, and I love spending time with them, but I needed to find my own friends and my own things to do here, which I finally feel is happening. I will always miss Winnipeg--I have so many wonderful friends there that I wish I could see so much more, and I miss my family so much, it's always really hard to say good-bye after visits. But, we're only eight hours away, and we do get to visit often:) And for anyone who wants to see what Tbay has to offer (I know I've only ever complained about it, but it is a very beautiful city) we will always have a room ready!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, I'm ready for another post! Maybe some halloween pictures??

Unknown said...

Still waiting...