CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Work In Progress...

All the linoleum has been ripped up...it looks so much better, even just with beat up plywood! I can't wait until the flooring is in!!!

Everything's ripped off the stairs...both handrails and again, all the linoleum. They're going to look so great when Lyndon's done with them!

I only have a couple pictures of the work we're doing on the house...just demo....b/c we're not anywhere close to being done! Our goal is to have everything painted by the end of April (so far the dining and living rooms are done, and one coat on the downstairs hallway...we have a ways to go!) so that we can focus on flooring, finishing, and MOVING in the month of May! It's been a bit of a stressful month for us...there's just so much going on and not enough hours in a day. But we're excited to see it coming together...it's really starting to feel like our home. Lyndon is so amazing...he works more than I could ever imagine...he's done so much on the house this month, and still has so much to do. I'm trying to help as much as I can, but usually only one of us can go to the hosue b/c the other is home with Kallie...and let's face it, if you had to pick between me and Lyndon in a contest of speed, handiness and efficiency...I wouldn't even be a close second:) And Lyndon's had a couple of friends that have been an awesome help...we've really appreciated it! I know my time will come though, I'll be busy packing, cleaning and unpacking next month! As much work as it all is, I just love this process of working on this house together and making it our own. I can't wait for the finished product...I'll be posting lots of pictures then!!! Please keep us in your prayers that we'll be able to accomplish everything needed so we're not moving Kallie into an unfinished house...and just that we keep the stress levels at a minimum:) Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's going to look so nice when it's finished! A big project for sure, but it's worth it in the end. You will be able to have a huge Christmas tree in your living room and lots of room for your friends to come over. Good for you! Love the pics of Kallie and her friends. Debbie

This Mama said...

oooooh I am so excited to see the finished work. It's going to look so awesome, what a great score on the house...I think that is such a sleepy cute area of town. I love the lake being so nearby....do you ever drive by your old house? What does our old place look like, have it been kept up?

Take care and a big hug for everyone
Mandy :)

Unknown said...

Ooooo, looks good! I love how the stairs look without a banister (obviously not an option), but it's amazing how tacky one old railing can make it look! Looking forward to seeing more pics, it's very exciting!