CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Keeping Up

Wow, my goal is to stay consistent...so far, not doing so well! Where does the time go? Judah is almost 7 weeks old already, and we're into February!!! Last week was our last midwife appointment. The midwives provide 6 weeks of postpartum care, which was really amazing! It was definitely a bit sad to be saying good-bye, they've been taking care of us for almost an entire year! Our baby boy is doing wonderfully! He's growing like crazy, 13.25 lbs and 25 inches long at 6 weeks! Yes, he's huge:) He really does look like a 3 month old, and actually, he just outgrew all of his 3 month sleepers! He's above the 90th percentile for weight and above the 95th for length. Kallie was really high in her percentiles too, until about 4-5 months, when she dropped to below 50. She was completely healthy, her growing just slowed down:) I wonder if that will happen with Judah...Kallie has turned out to be on the taller side, but certainly not as big as I would have expected our children to be:p Maybe because Judah is a boy he'll be bigger...we'll see:) He is SUCH a great baby! He's completely content all of the time. He starts to grumble a bit when he's hungry, and he'll squawk a bit if I go a few minutes past when he should be sleeping, but those are two easy fixes:) He's sleeping really well, I've started putting him down awake (swaddled, soother in), and he falls to sleep on his own! I'm ecstatic about this! Sleeping was a nightmare with Kallie, and it's already going so much better with Judah!

Life has been really busy, Lyndon has been working a lot and we've just had a lot on the go, but things are settling down a bit now. We have finished renovating our basement, which was the biggest time consumer this month. I'll post pictures once it is all set up. Sometimes I wish we could win the lottery, not for all the money or stuff, but just so that we could not work, and spend WAY more time together. My absolute favourite part of the day is supper and the hour or two after, when we just spend time together as a family:) I love being a mom and a wife so much!

Kallie is such a little character, I can't get over how grown up she seems! I was just looking at pictures from when she was one, and can't believe how much of a baby she still was then, and how now she is all little girl! Most of our evenings are spent being entertained by her stories, singing and dancing. One of her new favourite things to do: 'Mom, dad, I'm going to sing a song, and then you can clap, and then I'll say Thank you! Thank you!' What a little goofball:) We're so proud of her, she's such an amazing big sister, she just loves Judah so much and is always trying to help. She is very kind-hearted and compassionate, and I love watching her with her friends. She's also extremely strong-willed, and we have definitely been dealing with a lot of defiance the last few months. I hope and pray as parents we're handling everything the best way possible, but admittedly, sometimes it takes me to a point of frustration that I wish I hadn't gone! Parenting is such an amazing, difficult, rewarding, joyful journey, right now everyday brings something totally new!

I've decided not to post pictures with every post, b/c if I make that commitment to myself, then I will post A LOT less! And really, I want to make sure I record this journey so I don't forget it all!

3 comments:

laura said...

Liam did the same thing Kallie did. He was in the 95 percentile for height/weight and then he dropped down to the fifties! Glad to hear someone else has had that experience. Also glad that Judah is a sleeper.

natalie said...

Brilliant.
Funny how some people say "oh I'd just go CRAZY if I were home!" are you kidding me?! I'm with you. I love and cherish my family too, and there's nothing better than the exhillaration of knowing you're in love with your little fam. Awesome! We're entering the terrible twos and yesterday in the middle of a tantrum I literally dove on top of her and just started smothering her with kisses. Just wait until we're dealing with teenage versions of ourselves...eek ;)

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to see my 2 little Angels in March. When I talk to Kallie on the phone ,I always have a good laugh as I can hear her character in her voice!!Hugs & kisses to you all!!xoxoxoxo Love Grandma