CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Look At Me, Two Posts in One Week:p

Well, bet you didn't think I'd be back so soon! This week has been a really challenging one for me. I feel like everything kind of piled up, projects or things I had pushed to the back of my mind all reared their ugly heads, and every way I turned I was behind, inadequate, or struggling. (wow, that was a long sentence) I was dealing with issues about myself, and issues about our life, feeling as though I'm never 'caught up' or where I want us to be. And in the midst of it all, I just don't think we're getting enough time together as a family. So how do we do it? How do we work to support our family, keep our house running day to day with things like laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc. , do the extra projects around the house like organizing, taxes, renovating, cleaning out, etc. , spend time with our friends, spend time by ourselves enriching our lives doing things we're passionate about, spend time relaxing so we don't go crazy, and most importantly, spend time together as a family, either doing fun things, or just 'being'. I'm serious, HOW DO WE DO IT!?!?! I feel like the transition to two kids has been easy. I honestly do. I think running a daycare really helped, and Judah is an extremely content, sleepy little guy. But somehow, this last month has been the absolute busiest of our lives, and I feel like we're just spinning in circles, and at this point we're running on empty. So I'm putting the question out there: How do YOU do it? I know that we're a common case, young working family, with tons on the go, never enough hours in the day. So what do you do to stay sane and ahead of the game? I'm really working on figuring this out, prioritizing, and being more efficient with our time. One thing I've started doing is a 'six most important things' list every day. I list the top six things I HAVE to get done in a day, and carry over anything I don't get to. I love lists, and it really helps me feel like I'm being productive each day. And as cheesy as it is, #1 on my list each day is play with/hug/cuddle/kiss/read to my kids. I find between running the daycare and everything I have to get done around the house, that oh-so-important one on one time with my munchkins (especially Kallie) can get overlooked. So I'm doing a list, and hoping it makes a difference! We'll see!

Ok, enough of the complaining. I had a fantastic Friday/Saturday! My friend Laura, who I've known since I was 12 or 13 came to visit:) She lives in Duluth MN, which is about 3 1/2 hours away. It's so amazing for us, being two military kids who met when we lived in Europe, and who are from different countries, that now as adults we live so close to each other! When you're a military kid, it's a rare blessing to be able to spend any amount of time with childhood friends because you usually end up in completely different cities, if not countries:) We're going to go down next month to spend the weekend with their family. We had a great girls night last night (stayed up until past 2 talking) and had a relaxing day together just hanging out and, what else, talking:) It was wonderful! Thank you so much for coming up Laura, we will see you SOON:)!

I've decided I want to start recording the funny things Kallie says on the blog. I always say I'm going to write them down, but I don't. So this will be the place:)

I don't have any coming to mind right now, but look for short blog posts in the future, just with funny things she's said:) This is my way of committing myself to doing it:)!

And to finish this (kinda random) post off, enjoy some pictures of our little munchkins:)









3 comments:

deborah said...

Well, Lauren, unfortunately I can't give you a solution. We have found ourselves in the same predicament - SUPER busy with everything life, and not enough time for the things we want to do. When you find a solution, I need to hear it!

Anonymous said...

So happy to see the new pics of my little munchkins!!Lauren you are a fabulous Mom & are amazing that you are running Day Care at the same time. You can let things go & enjoy your family,but you are smart to write lists(Dad has always done that!)and get a few things done each day so you don't get too overwhelmed if it piles up!We are so proud of you & Lyndon & you are fantastic parents!!xoxoxox

Restructure said...

Hey, you're pictures are so cute. The one of Kallie with a big smile of (chocolate covered pretzels?) is hilarious. (and precious) I had a lot of fun girl talking. It's nice to hear other perspectives about 'mom issues'. Looking forward to seeing you again!!!!