CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Our boring (but wonderful:) life

I haven't updated in awhile because, well, I don't really have much to update on. Things have been quite laid back, and a tad bit boring around here lately. The kids are both doing great, Kallie is as sweet and funny as ever:) She's had a fun couple of weeks, going swimming with her Oma, having a sleep-over at Oma and Opa's, and we've had a couple of parties (birthday and Valentine's) at daycare. She did have the stomach flu last weekend, but has completely recovered:) Judah is growing, eating, and sleeping like a dream:)! He's already given us a couple of 7 hour stretches, and consistently does 4-5 hour stretches at night. A couple of weeks ago he had his days and nights mixed up, so I started waking him up and nursing him more during the day (upon the advice from my lactation consultant and from my best friend) and it worked like a charm! He doesn't sleep any longer than 2 hours during the day, but when we put him to bed between 7-8 pm, he does his first long stretch for the night. He already puts himself to sleep, which is miraculous to me, b/c things were so much harder with Kallie. I think it's a combination of knowing SO much more about babies and their sleep needs this time around, and him just being a great sleeper! Whatever the reasons, I'm just thankful, b/c with a daycare to run, I'd be losing my mind otherwise! He is an incredibly happy, sweet, bubbly little baby:) He loves cooing, smiling HUGE and giggling:) Sigh, it just makes me so happy I feel like my heart could burst! Kallie loves making Judah smile, and she literally squeals when she makes him laugh, which again, makes my heart feel like it's going to explode:)

Kallie has been having a bit of trouble with her sleep lately, she's been having nightmares:( It's really sad, she wakes up hysterical in the middle of the night. We always bring her into bed with us because we really want her to feel secure and safe. It only happens 1-2 nights a week, but for her to be scared like that, it's a lot! We've been praying over her and about it, but any other suggestions from parents who have had kids with nightmares, would be appreciated! It's pretty cozy in our bed those nights, especially b/c I nurse Judah lying down in our bed...quite the feat cramming all four of us in there:) We co-slept with Kallie for quite awhile (she just moved into her big girl bed in November) and I have to admit, both Lyndon and I enjoy snuggling with her some nights again:)

Things have been slowing down a bit for Lyndon workwise, so we've had a lot more time together as a family, which has been great! I've been feeling a little less overwhelmed lately, and making my 'Six List' every day is REALLY helping me! I get it done every day, and so feel productive every day, but not overwhelmed or out of control! I still have quite a few moments where I look around the house and realize all that needs to be done (and then panic a little bit), but I just talk myself down from there...I have to be able to just not care about some things in order to enjoy life! And making it a priority to have one-on-one time with Kallie every day really helps too, I tend to have a hard time just living in the present...I'm always thinking ten steps ahead about what I need to get done, but when I'm with her, I'm able to just *be* there, because that's the most important thing I could possibly be doing:)

We have a fun month coming up, the first week of March, one of my best friends from college, Kat, is coming to visit us from Calgary! She's staying for a whole week, and I can't wait! And at the end of the month my mom is coming for a visit, and then we're all driving to Winnipeg for Easter. I can't wait to spend time with my family and see my wonderful friends. No one there has met Judah yet, so it'll be fun! AND I get to meet my good friend Kelly's beautiful baby girl, Ava, when we're home! She and Judah are just a bit over a month apart:) Congratulations Kelly and Bryan!!!:)

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm so excited for this weekend, not too much happening, but we're having lots of time together as a family, and I have a couple of playdates lined up too, so it should be fun!!!

2 comments:

deborah said...

I'm so glad that things are going well! You guys sound really happy!

Unknown said...

I like reading about your 'boring' life, even though I already hear about it on a regular basis :D