CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, June 13, 2008

13 Month Update

First I must say, I know I'm outdoing myself posts-wise...normally I'm a once-a-weeker if I'm lucky, and this will make for three days in a row! If no one else is impressed, that's ok, I'm impressed with myself enough for everyone;)~ And I'm sure this won't last very long....

So, on to the main event! Kallie turned 13 months old yesterday! It was such a big deal for me leading up to one, and now it's already over a month since that milestone! I must say, this age is SOOOOOOO FUN!!! Lyndon and I are both getting a huge kick out of this stage:) Kallie is such a joy, she's becoming such a little girl and I just love her personality.


Here are some tidbits about our Kallie Paige:

Her personality: Kallie is extremely friendly, outgoing, and affectionate. She is always giving other babies and kids (from my home daycare) kisses. She loves to say 'hi' and get right in their face (in a nice way) so they'll say hi back! She loves to share her toys, always handing them right over. She's just so excited to play with other kids and is always very gentle and kind. She's also a total goofball (like her father:). She loves to laugh, and do funny things for attention.



Her favorite foods: Kallie really loves hummus (the extreme garlic, takes after me:), yoghurt, bananas, spaghetti, and daddy's asian stir-fry. Really, she'll eat anything with gusto, I feel blessed to have a good eater! But those ones she especially enjoys.

oh, and coffee of course! She is half Dutch after all:) Don't worry, it's empty!

What she likes to do: Kallie LOVES being outside, going in her wagon, reading stories, and DANCING! Anywhere, anytime, if there is so much as a beat, she's on it:) She wiggles her bum, her shoulders, waves her arms, it is hilarious and such a joy to see:) I'll try to catch her on video:) Kallie really loves people and hanging out, but she's also great at playing by herself. Hmmm...does it sound like I think she's perfect?:)



New things: In this last month, Kallie has cut her two front teeth on the top. It's made for some rough nights, but the second one finally cut through yesterday so things should be getting better! She has become a climber extraordinaire! She will climb anything and everything! She's had some falls, but she gets right back on whatever she was climbing...so apparently it couldn't be that bad! Lyndon and I really believe in letting her learn things for herself, so unless she's in real danger or could get seriously hurt, we let her figure it out:) Seems to be working so far. She's also taken a couple of steps on her own, but she's very particular about the circumstances:) She seems ready, she just has to decide she wants to.

I'm so excited for each passing day because we get to see more and more of who she is! She's such an incredible little girl, and we feel so blessed!

4 comments:

janine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica H said...

KALLIE IS SO ADORABLE!!!!!!! And I absolutely LOVE her hoody and matching hat! Where on earth did you get those?! Also, I am so impressed that Kallie eats stir-fry...and a tad bit jealous. I have to disguise Annika's veggies by slathering them in either ketchup, ranch dressing OR parmesan cheese...I KNOW - she's a picky eater! Anyway, back to Kallie - she seems so full of life and personality...you must totally love every second of every day with her. Children truly are blessings...

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren - I'm getting really excited to see you guys!

I have a questions - I'm intrigued by the "letting her learn for herself" concept. Can you give me some examples?

See you soon.

Luv, Kelly.

Unknown said...

Aw, you are blessed! She's such a sweetie, and it makes me sad that you're not here so our kids can play together. They both are easy-going and would be such great pals :(