CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mommy's Weekend Off

A couple of weeks ago, Lyndon's friend got married in Emo (about 4 hours away) and I couldn't go to the wedding because I had children to watch in daycare. So, we made plans for Lyndon to head out Thursday evening after work and come back Saturday night. Then, out of the blue, Lyndon said, "Why don't I take Kallie with me?" My first reaction was NO! She can't be away from me overnight (this was a first!) or for two whole days or...wait a minute...two whole days! To myself!!!??!? Um, OK! So, Thursday came and off they went...it was a VERY weird feeling having them both gone, and I missed them, but I definitely enjoyed the time to myself! My daycare kids were coming in the afternoon on Friday, so I got to sleep in BOTH days, which was amazing!

Daddy got her all dressed up for the wedding...and even an attempt at a ponytail was made, it just didn't last:) I was impressed that he tried, considering he thinks it's ridiculous every time I put her hair up:)
Long Trip!

Lyndon just LOVED having her all to himself! They don't get tons of alone time b/c I'm always around, so for him it was a real treat! What would have been frustrating for me (Kallie not sleeping well in a new place and so sleeping in our bed so as not to wake everyone else) was great for Lyndon. One of the first things he said when he got home was, "we should do this again soon, and more often!" Sounds good to me:) It's nice to have the time to myself, but more importantly, great for Kallie and her daddy to have that bonding time! The next trip sounds like it might be camping! I'll keep you posted:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Lauren - a well deserved break I'm sure. And that's so cute that Lyndon loved it so much too :)

Kelly.

Erica H said...

Oh my goodness!!!! That's amazing! I don't know who I'm more impressed with you, for letting Kallie go - or Lyndon, for taking Kallie with him!!! :) But everyone lived, and it sounded like an awesome time to yourself, Lauren! I thought that was so sweet that Lyndon tried to put in a ponytail! Aaaawwww! Even though daddy's think its silly we put ribbons and barretts in our little girl's hair, they LOVE it! :)

The Stensgard Family said...

I know exactly how you feel. Once a month I go to San Antonio for a day or two by myself while Brian stays home with the kids. It's extremely relaxing and cathartic. I miss my family, but sometimes, I miss me too.

This Mama said...

That is so awesome Lauren, not too many husbands would volunteer for that...heh heh. Enjoy, but it is also great for their relationship as well. What great memories she will have!

janine said...

Mommies need time off. Its what keeps us from going insane somedays. For instance, to know that in a week you'll have a day (or even a few hours) to yourself can really help you get through those hard days. You have a very thoughtful husband to give you those days to yourself. :-)

Unknown said...

You're so blessed to have such a great husband! He's such an amazing dad, and Kallie will benefit in so many ways from having him as her dad :o)