CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Here they are, finally! (a few anyways:)

Well, I'm finally back in the land of internet, email, facebook and blogging! I have so much to catch up on...I've taken a lot of cute pictures of Kallie these past couple of weeks, and of course, house pictures!


These are some before and afters, just of the living room and kitchen, we still have a lot left to do on the rest of our house (our bedroom and office are actually construction zones) and need to do some major decorating:)!! You'll notice the living room is still without any decor...we need curtains, pictures, area rugs etc., but who knows how long that whole process will take with everything else we still have to do, so here are the pics of what it looks like now, and as we finish things and decorate, I'll keep updating:) We didn't change anything in the kitchen except paint...that project is a little too big to take on just yet!




KITCHEN BEFORE


KITCHEN AFTER

(I still need to paint the trim around the windows)


LIVING ROOM BEFORE


LIVING ROOM AFTER
All we changed about the fireplace is the charcoal slate in front (straight from India!), we're hoping to completely re-do the fireplace eventually...we'll see:)
Because our living room is so long, this end is Kallie's playroom. We'll be moving the desk upstairs into the office. As our kid(s) get older, we want to turn this end into a library/music area, but for now, all the toys are staying:)Kallie and Browjoy hanging out in the playroom (side note: Lyndon made that chair in the corner:)

I have to take a minute to recognize and thank Lyndon...almost everything you see in those pictures (except the paint in the kitchen...that was all me:) is because of him. He is such an amazing carpenter, and such an incredibly hard worker...he put in ridiculously long hours getting everything done, and he did an incredible job. I'm so thankful to have such a talented husband!!!


So far, we're just loving living here! It is a bit overwhelming looking at everything we still have to do, but we see such a dramatic transformation already, that we just love it! And we're both ok with working on things a little each day and seeing it all come together. I think houses are generally a work in progress, and I'm sure even after we finish everything we want to...we'll find another project to start:)


Tonight we're finishing Kallie's room (hanging pictures, curtains etc.) so hopefully I'll have some pictures to post tomorrow!

6 comments:

Jodi lee said...

I love the living room, so bright and cheery! Glad you are getting settled.

Anonymous said...

Love how all the work and labour you put into your new home resulted in these beautiful results! Congrats to you two on your lovely home.
I am enjoying baby Elise and helping out so Natalie can get some rest. While Steve is at work, I snuggle our new granddaughter and enjoy time with Natalie! John is back in Belgium wishing he was here too!

deborah said...

Wow! It looks fantastic Lauren! Lyndon did a great job. I especially love the living room flooring! You guys must be so glad to finally be moved in!

Unknown said...

Yay! It looks great! And I bet it feels even better to be in a space that is totally your own - and a BIG space at that! I can't believe how huge your living room is!! Actually, I can't believe how huge your kitchen is either! I can't wait to see Kallie's room, I know it's going to look great and hopefully in the near future, I will be able to come and see it in real life.

This Mama said...

Beautiful!! Good job guys!!
Love love love it (is that fernwood green in the kitchen?)

Anonymous said...

It looks great Lauren - I hope to see it in person one day :)

Kelly.