CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Our Little Family Trip

Our mischevious little monkey, Grandma and Grandpa's house had a lot of fun things to get into:)
A couple weekends ago, all three of us packed up the truck and headed for Winnipeg. The main purpose of the trip was a retirement party for my dad (there will be a future post about that), but we also got to spend time with family and visit friends, which was so wonderful. Of course, it all went by WAY too fast, but we loved it while it lasted! We're hoping to go back for an entire week at the end of August, so hopefully that works out!
While we were there, we got to spend lots of time with my parents and sister, and had some quick visits with friends. I really miss everybody in Winnipeg...I love living in Tbay, but sometimes (ok, a lot of the time!) I wish I could just move everyone over here!
While we were there, we had a second little celebration for Kallie's First Birthday...this is the cake...Whitburn style:) We're all about DQ cakes! We got to visit with our VERY CLOSE friends (let's say, just under a handful:) and it was a wonderful afternoon spent with people who really love Kallie and have been there for the from the very start:)!

The 'birthday girl'...what a goof!!

Kelly and Kallie at the 'party'Ethan and Kallie playing with one of Kallie's new toys...Mandi and Patsi got her birthday presents for the LOOOONG drive home, THANK YOU!
It was hard to get a good shot of Kallie and Ethan because they're both so mobile now!

Kallie and Grandma
We spent Sunday night with my sister and her boyfriend, Daniel. We made some delicious sushi and TRIED to get the boys interested in a game of Mad Gab...unsuccessfully, but Dana and I still had some fun with it:)~

Dana's pro-star sushi roll

The boys! Daniel is pretty much a professional sushi maker...we all learned so much:)

We got to have a quick visit with our friends Melinda and Brandon. At the time of our visit they had Aiden, who's almost four, and Lily who is 19 months, and just last night (July 10) they welcomed their beautiful baby girl, Sadie, into the world! Congratulations!

Lily and Kallie sharing a smooch! Both girls are so affectionate, they were hugging and kissing the whole time we were there, SO ADORABLE!

Big Sister Lily!
On our last night in Wpg we had dinner with our good friends, Patti-Ann and Scott. They just bought a house and so had us over to check the place out and feed us delicious barbecue! They just got a new puppy, who is absolutely adorable:)

The Johnston's: Harley, Scott, Patti-Ann and Copper!
We were sad to leave but hopefully will be back again soon!
On the way home, Lyndon spotted a turtle crossing the highway. We took a couple of pictures, showed him to Kallie and then put him on the side where he was heading...hopefully he kept on going!

So I finally got a post done, I have a few more: Kat's visit, Kallie walking (which she started doing in Steinbach on our way home, while we were visiting our good friends Becky and Andrew...all weekend ppl were trying to get her to walk, and apparently she decided that Becky and Andrew's house was the place to make it happen!), my dad's retirement, and hopefully some more pictures of our house...if we could just get stuff finished! So, hopefully I'll get back to being on top of blogging, stay tuned:)!

5 comments:

Erica H said...

Yay, for a new post!!! Thanks for the great update! Isn't it fun having a little one to show off now when you're with family! Its so fun to watch grandparents and aunt's and uncle's 'oooh & aaahh' over our kids! :) Kallie looks SO much older - she's so tall, too! What a beautiful, gorgeous girl!! Thanks for the update, Lauren! Keep it up!

This Mama said...

Thanks Lauren, it was great to read about your nice little trip! It sounds like it was some good quality hang out time with friends/family.

Lyndon - will you ever age my friend?
You still look as young as ever, anytime I see you in a new pic I say to myself....that could have been taken 10 years ago, he looks so young! That's right. Soak in that compliment because your not going to get another for at least another good 10 years ;)

Anonymous said...

Yay, I made the post!

Well done Lauren - still loving the blog.

Anonymous said...

Oops, the anonymous post is from me - Kelly :)

Unknown said...

Ok, I know I'm OCD, but my first thought with the turtle picture was "I hope he washed his hands with sanitizer or disinfecting wipes before he touched anything in the truck." Turtles carry salmonela (sp?) poisoning!! But I suppose you're all fine :o)
It was really great to see you again, it had been TOO long! I hope that when you come in Auguest, we'll spend LOTS of time together. I won't care that I'll have a newborn, you can still come over every day!