CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Husband, The Chef

Our wonderful meal, complete with the flowers that Lyndon picked fresh that day!
Over the past few years, a talent and passion that we have both discovered in Lyndon, is cooking! Lyndon absolutely LOVES trying new recipes, reading cook books, watching the Food Network (thrilling for me, let me tell ya:), and just making really good food. I do all the cooking during the week, but usually on the weekends and anytime we have company, it's all him. And I definitely reap the rewards:) It is such a blessing to have a husband who loves cooking so much, and is just so talented at it! No matter how hard I try, I just am not naturally gifted in that area (but I work at it), so it's a real treat to see him enjoy it so much, and to eat the unique, delicious food he creates. We're trying to eat locally and organic as much as possible, so Lyndon has been doing a lot of his grocery shopping at the farmer's market, which just makes everything taste that much better! I took some pics of the meal he made for us this weekend...all the recipes were from one of Jamie Oliver's cook books, he's Lyndon's favorite chef:)

Enjoy!


Not the most aesthetically pleasing dish, but by far my favorite!!! A delicious puree of summer peas, mint, olive oil and pecchorino cheese, topped with fresh mozzarella and some parmesan, served on toasted organic feta&oregano bread

Our main course: A perfectly cooked chicken thigh with chipotle seasoning, wrapped in smoked bacon (fresh from the deli), with garlic scapes (AMAZING!) and the best salad I've ever had. A creamy lemon-dill potato salad with capers

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, cool! I've never thought to mash peas and mint, top it with cheese and eat it on bread... I'll have to try it sometime. :o)

Anonymous said...

O.K. send him my way to cook these fabulous meals or maybe he could train your Father to cook like that...you think!!!!!Just a dream I know!! Love Momxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm impressed!

Kelly.

This Mama said...

Jamie Oliver is a favorite in this house too. We had cable briefly (to watch the last season of lost ;) and my favorite show in the world was the one where he cooks from his little country house, with the gardener guy who samples the food. LOVE that show.

Lately we have been attempting Haitian food. We love it, lots of beans and rice. Good stuff.

It is always a good catch when you have someone who will cook for you.

Lauren said...

It's true...such a blessing to have someone else do the cooking:) Lyndon LOVES that Jamie Oliver show, we watch it all the time, and I must admit, I do enjoy it as well:) It's pretty cool to see him take so many ingredients from his backyard (and explain the gardening part too) and create such amazing dishes. Haitian food sounds yummy:)