CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Busy Week...But Worth It!

Yesterday was the culmination of an incredibly busy week before it! We had Kallie's 2nd birthday party at our house, with about 30 or so friends. It was an incredibly beautiful day, the sun was shining, the temperature was great, and we all had an amazing time! We had our first bbq of the season, and it was AWESOME!!! There's nothing better than being out in the sunshine with people you love, smelling bbq:) Since I've been so sick and tired the past couple of months, our house had fallen into a state of disrepair. Lyndon is awesome, and did lots of work, but it takes more than one adult to keep this place running:) So, I spent all last week deep cleaning the house, and folding every piece of clothing we own (confession: until last week I hadn't folded laundry since BEFORE EASTER!!! YIKES!). And then of course, there was getting ready for the actual party! Honestly, it was an exhausting week, I started to get sicker on Thurs. and Fri., but just had to push through and keep going so that we could enjoy Sunday. And it was definitely worth it!

I will be posting with pics later this week, and more details about the party and Kallie's second year. Literally, within minutes of the last guests leaving last night, I became stuffed up, and woke up with a cold this morning. My body is definitely crashing, I'm exhausted and nauseous more than usual, so I'm going to take the next few days easy, and will then get around to being productive again:)

Yesterday also marked 12 weeks of pregnancy! I'm so excited! I'm already constantly rubbing my belly (as was pointed out to me yesterday), which I find amusing, b/c I NEVER did that with Kallie, especially not this early! And I'm already showing, which is just amazing, b/c with Kallie, you honestly couldn't tell I was pregnant until 6-7 months...and even then, barely. I've already 'outgrown' pants that I was wearing at 6 months pregnant with Kallie! It's definitely fun having a belly already, as it felt like I was NEVER going to show last time! I'm hoping now that I'm moving into my second trimester, the nausea will subside, or at least the fatigue! Definitely not complaining, I realize what a privilege and blessing it is to be carrying this little miracle, and I don't want to take it for granted!

Hope you all have a great week, pictures coming soon!!!

2 comments:

Erica H said...

I hope we get a picture of your growing belly this week! :) Growing life inside you is so incredible - even the second time around!! I can't believe you're already 12 weeks - I think this pregnancy is going to go really fast for you. The 2nd time seemed to be a blur for me...thanks for the update, Lauren!

Deb said...

Congrats again Lauren! So exciting for you two and Kallie. Your mom and dad and sister must be thrilled. Enjoy!