CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I hope that all you moms are having a fabulous Mother's Day! I have to say, out of the three I've been able to celebrate as a mom (Kallie was born 1 day before Mother's Day), this has been my absolute best! Although, having a 1 day old baby was pretty amazing too:) We've had such a wonderful day together as a family, listened to a great, inspiring message at church, enjoyed a quiet lunch out together, and are getting ready to meet Lyndon's parents to celebrate with them! And, I got very spoiled this Mother's Day:) My birthday (and Kallie's) is only two days from now, so I got presents for both today, and feel very, very blessed:)

I had wanted a morning at the spa for my birthday/mother's day gift, and so I booked a manicure, pedicure and spa facial for a couple weeks from now, and when I mentioned something to Lyndon about how I had to be in charge of my own gifts, he assured me that he'd have something for me on the actual day. So this morning, we were all lying in bed together and Lyndon went downstairs to get something (obviously my gift;), and came back to give me a BIG box of my favourite chocolates (Laura Secord French Mints...I've definitely eaten a quarter of the box already!), and a really sweet card that played the country song, 'I'm going to love you forever, forever and ever, amen' (I'm not exactly sure of the title, but that's the main line in the song), and it totally made me start crying:) I thought it was so sweet...and THEN! Lyndon pulls out a PEOPLES box!!! I couldn't believe it! He bought me a beautiful diamond necklace, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I was completely crying then! I don't need really fancy or expensive gifts, but to see how much thought and effort went into this gift (I do all of our finances, so it took some very special planning for Lyndon to save for the necklace and buy it without me knowing:), I was so touched! I love my husband so very much, he has truly made this the most wonderful mother's day! I just felt so cherished and appreciated:)

I want to say to my mom and mother-in-law, you are both such special, incredible women, and we are SO thankful and feel SO blessed to have you in our lives! We love you so much!

When our Pastor was talking about moms today, and how it is truly a special calling, I was very reflective. Before I had Kallie, I just had no idea what a huge responsibility it is to raise a child, but even more than that, what an INCREDIBLE blessing it is! Being a mom is by far my favourite role in my life, absolutely nothing beats it:)! And I'm so thankful to have so many amazing mommy friends to share this journey with, it makes it even better:)

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day, celebrating with your family!

As I said Kallie and I are celebrating our birthdays on Tuesday, so I am soon to be the mama of a TWO year old! I can't believe it! So look forward to a birthday post (with pictures this time!) celebrating our wonderful, sweet, Little Miss Kallie Paige!

3 comments:

natalie said...

amen - I completely agree!
Glad to hear of such a wonderful experience, and looking forward to those bday pics of your big girl!!!

Kelly said...

Your post made me tear up :)

Mandi Carter said...

Seriously, Lyndon won brownie points with me and I'm not even his wife! He's incredible, and you are so blessed! I instantly thought of the finances thing too, good for him for getting that past you :o)