CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kallie Paige is TWO!!!




Going in to blow out the candle...decided a scoop of icing was a better idea:) I caught her just in time...no little fingers in the cake!:)








All right, Kallie's been two for a few weeks now, and finally the birthday post! It's so incredible, I can't believe how fast these two years have just flown by! They've definitely been two of the best years of my life (with some bumps along the way:)! I just never could have imagined that being a mom would be this rewarding, and fun! Kallie is definitely at a super fun stage right now, and has us laughing all the time:)! I don't think I've done an actual update on her lately, so I'm going to do the 'list' to tell you all about our wonderful little two-year-old:)



1. Kallie is very affectionate:) She loves to give hugs and kisses to most people, and is known to chase her little friends yelling, 'I NEED A HUG!!!'

2. Kallie LOVES to colour! It's the one thing she asks to do 100+ times a day, and would be content to do for HOURS! We've had some issues with her understanding WHAT is an appropriate colouring surface...she's taken red marker to the couch, our coffee table is completely covered in crayon, and the worst...Lyndon's hard work building our stairs has been reduced to a scribbled mess of PEN on the bottom few stairs! He's actually going to have to re-sand and finish them! I have to say, that one was completely my fault...Kallie was in time out, and I had left a pen there...oops! We've become a lot more strict about it in the last month, and it is getting better...but she still has her moments:)

3. She loves to talk on the phone, especially with grandma, grandpa and auntie Dana! She asks to call them every day, and is SO CUTE talking to them:) She always ends the call with a kiss and hug...which is announced, and then the phone actually receives a kiss and a hug:)

4. Kallie can speak incredibly well. Yep, this is a mama bragging...sorry, but if I don't brag about my munchkin, who will? (other than crazy ridiculous proud grandparents;) According to charts at the doctor's office, she's speaking between a 4-5 yr. old level. Although, in all honesty, I'd say those charts have pretty low expectations of a 4 yr. old's vocabulary;) She can say 9 word sentences, and speaks very clearly. Some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is just hilarious! She surprises us at least weekly with words she knows...it constantly amazes me how much toddlers absorb without us knowing it! I think what impresses me the most about Kallie's speaking is her ability to use proper grammar...she almost always uses the proper tense, connecting words, plural forms, and pronouns. She's making this ESL major mommy proud;) And it's definitely nice to know EXACTLY what Kallie needs/wants/is thinking (she'll tell you, don't worry!:), it makes our job as parents a lot easier!

5. She's a very compassionate little girl (as much as toddlers can empathize and show compassion:). Her favourite question right now is, 'Are you OK?'. This comes after anyone coughs, falls, makes an odd noise...whatever:) And after the person informs them they are ok, she will then tell everyone within earshot, 'he/she's ok. she's ok.' She also likes to 'pet' (her word:) kids heads when they're sad or hurt to make them feel better:)

6. Kallie's very musical. Something she inherited from the Wagenaar side, that's for sure:) She loves to dance and sing, and can actually carry a tune...something I have not been blessed with:) Thank goodness for more than one gene pool:)

7. Kallie LOVES attention! Some of her favourite sayings right now are, '(fill in name), look at me!' 'Watch what I can do!' 'Are you ready for this?' before she does something that will wow us!:) A lot of times it has us laughing b/c she doesn't actually know what 'trick' she's going to do until she has our attention, and then she has to think fast, which usually results in something ridiculous:)

8. Like almost all kids, Kallie loves to be outside! I'm so thankful for the nice weather, because we spend hours and hours outside every day. And I'm not sure what happened to me, the self-professed 'inside-aholic' (probably being cooped up with 5-6 toddlers and preschoolers all winter!), but I love being outside as much as possible too! Thank goodness, because then we're all happy:)

9. She loves to laugh, and does it really easily. I'm convinced there's no better sound to a mom's ears than her child/ren laughing a deep belly laugh of pure joy:) It makes my day everyday!:)

10. Kallie is quite stubborn and strong-willed. She's half-dutch, and her other half is me, so we know where she gets it from:) It's definitely a personality trait I want to encourage in her, but one we're also working on reigning in at times, as it can occasionally (and some days more than that!) show up as defiance. We're working on her listening and obeying skills, and it does seem to be getting better.

I'm sure I could go on for 100 more points, but in the interest of saving time and boredom, I'll stop:)



The pictures are from her birthday party, it was a total blast! My friend Cheryl got a lot more pictures, including some GREAT cake eating ones...I'll try to post those ones on Facebook. We had lots of friends over for a bbq, the kids played, the parents visited, and we all ate AMAZING food:) It was a great way to celebrate our wonderful little two-year-old!

Kallie Paige, you bring us more joy than you will ever know! We are so proud of you, and so thankful for you! God has blessed us richly with you! WE LOVE YOU:)!!!

9 comments:

Sharen said...

Oh I wish I had been there but once I am retired I hope to be there for them all. Beautiful pics & what a beautiful cake!!! Hugs & kisses to my sweet angel!! Love Grandmaxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post, Lauren! And I think its great when momma's brag about their children - like you said, who else will do it?! :) Kallie seems so grown up, and I have to agree that this stage our girls are in is VERY fun! Its great to see them do new things and say new words everyday! Glad to see you enjoying your little girl so much...this year is going to be a BIG year for Kallie...becoming a big sis! She can call Annika to get some pointers if she'd like. ;)

Lauren said...

Thanks Erica:) I'm totally with you, it's our job to brag and build our kids up:) I will pass on the msg. to Kallie;)

natalie said...

What a gorgeous & smart little girl. Also loving the 'daddy and me' photo. Crazy seeing the little one and feeling how lucky you are eh? We can completely agree with you, what did we do to deserve this little angel?

Happy 2nd birthday to Kallie Paige - On to year 3!
xo N, S & E

natalie said...

btw I'm so (so!) excited you're expecting #2, we're already biting our nails waiting for the big news and it's this early!

Kelly said...

Great post Lauren! I LOVE her birthday dress, and the cake - wow! :) Cute!

Also, the Kallie update list was awesome. Keep 'em coming.

I can't wait to see her! (and you!) :)

Anonymous said...

She is such an adorable little girl Lauren, and not just in her looks (though she's a real cuties). I just love reading all your stories about her. I absolutely love the pic of just her face, I think it's the 5th one. Beautiful.
Erica Synnott

Erica H said...

Oh, and you had asked on my blog about potty training tips...I'm not expert, that's for sure, but I've trained one kid - I may put some tips that were helpful for me on a blog post soon.

Debbie said...

Wow! Two years old already! She is a sweet little girl and is growing so fast, isn't she? I agree with your mom about being retired soon and visiting more! Congrats again on baby #2 on the way.