CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Good Song

I was driving home the other day and the song 'You're Gonna Miss This' by Trace Adkins came on....totally had me in tears:) Just wanted to share it b/c I love the message...I know I've been tempted to wish away certain moments of life, but it's true, you really miss it once it's gone:) I've really been challenging myself to live in the moment and focus on the here and now, and this song is a good reminder of that.



She was starin out the window of their SUV
Complaining saying I can't wait to turn 18
She said I'll make my own money
And I'll make my own rules
Momma put the car in park out there in front of the school
And she kissed her head, and said 'I was just like you'

You're gonna' miss this You're gonna' want this back
You're gonna' wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times so take a good look around
You may not know it now but you're gonna' miss this

Before she knows it she's a brand new bride
In her one bedroom apartment and her daddy stops by
He tells her it's a nice place she says, 'It'll do for now'
Starts talkin' about babies, and buyin a house daddy shakes his head
And says baby just slow down

Cuz' you're gonna' miss this
You're gonna' want this back
You're gonna' wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times so take a good look around
You may not know it now but you're gonna' miss this

Five years later there's a plumber working on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin' one kid's cryin' one kid's screamin'
And she keeps apologizing But he says they don't bother me
I've got two babies of my own One's thirty- six, one's twenty- three (NOTE: that line made me BAWL!!! It's true, they are your babies forever:)

Huh, it's hard to believe But you're gonna' miss this
You're gonna' want this back
You're gonna' wish these days Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times So take a good look around
You may not know it now But you're gonna' miss this You're gonna' miss this Yeaahhhh... you're gonna' miss this...

Have a listen (even if you're not a country fan;) it's a good song:)

2 comments:

Erica H said...

OH MAN! Now you've got me in tears!!! Thanks a lot! :) What a great song - I'm not sure I've ever heard it on the radio.

The other day Rusty and I were thiking about the future, and what it holds for Annika. Ultimately, we do not know. But we just imagined her coming home from college at Christmas time, all grown up, giving us both hugs and listening to all her fun stories...we can hope (and pray) our girls will grow up to love us...and most importantly JESUS!

Thanks for the post, Lauren! I love your blog!!!!! :) I only wish we lived closer - I think we'd be really great friends. So would our girls!

Lauren said...

Thanks Erica:)! I totally agree, I think we'd be great friends and Kallie and Annika would have a blast together:) If you guys are ever headed out west by car, you have a place to stay in Tbay:)

It's crazy to think about them growing up so fast...college...wow!Our biggest prayer for Kallie is definitely that she grows up loving Jesus, I'm so thankful to be able to totally entrust her to God.

I love your blog too...starting mine was definitely inspired by yours:)