CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Girls Weekend!

Kallie enjoying lunch at The Crooked Spoon in Grand Marais (I would highly recommend it!)
This past weekend, Lyndon's mom took just Kallie and I on a shopping trip to Duluth. This trip has kind of become a tradition, this was the third time she's taken us to Duluth since Kallie's been born (but the other times daddy and grandpa were there too). It was such a wonderful weekend away, we relaxed, shopped and ate out...such a different pace from day to day life. Lindy bought Kallie a whole new summer wardrobe (Kallie's wardrobe was the inspiration for starting these trips:). And she also gave me an early birthday present of spending money, so I was able to do quite a bit of shopping for myself as well! I got new jeans, new shoes, a new purse, and I got to buy stuff for our new house. My project right now is Kallie's room, so I had lots of fun picking out stuff to decorate her room and I also picked up her bedding that I ordered, which I absolutely LOVE! My friend Erica got it for her little girl Annika and I just loved it so much I had to order it too:)!! Thanks Erica:) The picture is just below...Kallie has a white crib, so it'll look a little different, but still gorgeous!

Kallie having fun playing on the bed:) She kept throwing herself back...she thought it was hilarious!

Good morning sunshine!

Lyndon's mom is so generous, it was such an incredible blessing to have an all-expenses paid mini vacation in the middle of all our craziness right now! The only downside was that Lyndon stayed home...to put our flooring in...it was pretty incredible to come back from the trip to see our entire main floor finished(the hardwood looks amazing...but you'll have to wait until everything's done to see pictures:)! But I felt bad for him, he worked 15 hour days while we were gone! As soon as we're moved in it's going to be his turn for a little downtime!

Kallie and nana having fun together!

SO happy to be home and see daddy(who lets her drive the truck!)...wearing one of her new hoodies:)

5 comments:

The Stensgard Family said...

oh to have a "get away" like that. Someday......

Unknown said...

That is such a cute hoodie, I really love it! Where's it from? I can't believe Kallie's already a year old (basically). She's one of those babies that I always think of as so young, I don't know why. Like, when Ethan turned one I felt like he was already a kid, but I feel like Kallie's still a baby. Maybe it's because I haven't seen her for quite a while. I will soon though :o) Cute pictures, she's such a sweetie. I love her face :o)

Brandi said...

Love her big smiles for the pictures!

deborah said...

Wow! I am jealous. What would I give for a getaway weekend! I absolutely love the bedding as well. Where did you get it from?

Erica H said...

I, too, can't believe Kallie is one year old! Geeze, time flies way too darn quickly! Annika is going to be 18 months in a month! NUTS! You are going to have a blast with that bedding! I love it so much, too. SO girly! I'm just sad Annika will be grown out of her crib in a few month...I wanna find something similar for her twin bed! HAVE FUN!!